I am a lot of things (goat milker extraordinaire, baker, lost cell phone finder, owner of one pair of jeans.). And I am also not a lot of things (math expert, girl with perfectly painted fingernails, person with co-operative hair).
But the best thing that I am is wife.
I adore my husband like some crazy school girl.
Yes sometimes I still sign my name and put hearts around it. But I’m not pretending anymore about having his last name, I actually have it now.
Am I making you sick yet?
I love him because:
- He makes me a tea every morning. Every single day when I come in from chores my tea is waiting on the counter for me.
- He kisses me goodbye every day before going to work and kisses me goodnight every single night. Even if we’ve been fighting.
- He always tells me I’m pretty. Even when I have dirt smudged across my cheek, and hay sticking out of my deranged hair.
- He never complains when I accidentally get distracted and burn dinner. He just eats it and thanks me for making another meal for him.
- He is always on board with my craziness.
- He rubs my back even when his hands hurt and he just wants to sit and watch TV.
- He has curly hair, long eye lashes and the cutest boy smile you ever did see. Allow me this minute to swoon.
- He talks in a baby voice to the chickens.
- He laughs a lot. And usually can get me too even when I’m being stubborn or unreasonable about something.
- He loves God.
So call me old fashioned but I don’t look at marriage as a life ending situation that is to be tolerated until death do you part. I look at it as being with my very best friend on the hard road of life.
We’ve been married 6 years this past June and I look forward to many many more years. I was 19 when we got married and so many people thought it their duty to tell us it would never last and that we were just kids, but I knew then what I know even more now; Forever would not be enough time to love this man.
Be sure to love that special someone extra today! Just because.