I’m about to blow your mind.
Prepare for it. Get ready. Make sure you are in a well seated area so you simply don’t fall over from the sheer logic of what I’m about to tell you.
Are you ready?
The best way to cook bacon is in the oven.
Who knew?! (Please don’t say, uh April I do this all the time, seriously get with the program, or I may stick my head in the oven.)
So why would you do this instead of the classic in the pan? Well I’m glad you asked.
- Hello! More bacon! You can get tons more bacon in the oven than you can in a frying pan. The bigger the cookie sheet or the more sheets you put in, the better.
- It’s less messy. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and clean up is a TON easier.
- No flipping. I’m not good at watching things. I get distracted too easily. Ergo bacon that doesn’t need my attention.
- It doesn’t shrink. It stays the same size and you don’t get this wrinkly piece of bacon, which makes it nicer for sandwiches.
- Did I mention more bacon?
So how does one cook bacon in the oven?
Luckily it’s just as easy as in the pan. Actually it’s easier.
You Will Need:
Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper, and place the bacon in rows on top.
Place in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes check on the bacon. If you want it crispier, allow to cook for 2 minute intervals until it reaches your desired crispiness level.
Lay on paper towels (or the brown packing paper that Amazon uses) and allow to drain.
And then eat the bacon, love the bacon, be one.with.the.bay-con.